In 2006, Mark Milano, died unexpectedly due to medical complications during the treatment of a high school football game injury. Mark was a gregarious human who was loved by many and a friend to all he knew. Through the generosity of the community, Rivera and Milano families and his cousins Mark and Jessie Milano, a yearly scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Spackenkill High School who will be full time student at any accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
up to $5,000
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Spackenkill High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Spackenkill High School
- Overcoming an obstacles
- Demonstrates qualities of being, fun loving, loyal, caring, generous, sensitive, friend to all, and school spirited
- Financial need
Essay:Describe how you overcame or are coping with obstacles in your life (ex: personal, emotional, family, financial, educational, economic, physical, developmental, etc.) and your future aspirations.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing an obstacle you have overcome, your personal values and plans for the future. (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school or college transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.