Established by the family of Luigi and Elisa Panichi to honor their memory this scholarship is available to seniors graduating from high school and students currently enrolled in accredited academic institutions including 4-year public and private colleges or universities, community colleges and trade schools whose parents or guardians are employed by Panichi Holding Corp. d/b/a Royal Carting Service Co. or Valley 82 Holding Corp. d/b/a Welsh Sanitation Service. Children of owners Board members or officers of Royal Carting Service Co. or Welsh Sanitation Service are not eligible.
Amount of Award(s):
$500 - $1,500
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Not renewable but recipients may re-apply in subsequent years.
Current High School:
Any High School in the Hudson Valley provided a parent is an employee of company.
Current Level of Education:
College Student, High School Senior
- Applicant's parent/guardian must be an employee of the Panichi Hold Corp. d/b/a/ Royal Carting Service Co or Valley 82 Holding Corp d/b/a/ Welsh Sanitation Service
- Demonstrate ability to succeed in their chosen course of study
- Involvement in volunteer activities or employment
- Demonstrates financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school or college transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.