The John T. Sloper Community Scholarship Fund was established in 2020 to provide funding for educational programs for Paramedics. Scholarships will be awarded to those who reside or work in Dutchess and Putnam counties, who are 18 years of age or older and are pursuing Paramedic certification.
Applications will be accepted between January 1st and May 1st.
Deadline extended through August 1st
**Applicants may be contacted for an in-person interview.**
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be accepted to or pursuing a certified program for Paramedics
- Reside or work in Dutchess or Putnam county
- Demonstrate financial need
- Amount of Awards:
- Up to $2,500 each semester, for a maximum of 4 semesters (pending successful completion of coursework with a B average)
- Type of Award:
- Awards will be paid directly to the qualifying training program on behalf of the award recipient.
- Payments will be disbursed each semester after receipt of a current transcript showing successful completion (B average) of the coursework.
- Payments cannot be made directly to individual award recipients.
- Application Details:
- With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Most recent transcript
- Statement of Financial Need
- 2 letters of recommendation from an employer, teacher, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One letter must be from an employer or agency/program you volunteer with.These letters must have been written within the last 6 months.