The scholarship is available to members of the Roman Catholic Church who are graduating seniors of a high school in Dutchess County. The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs of completing an Associate or Baccalaureate degree at an accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
$1,000 awarded every other year in odd number years
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Renewable for up to three additional years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your school transcript to verify your eligibility to continue with the scholarship. Eligibility includes a full academic schedule and a B- or equivalent GPA.
- A copy of your tuition bill for the fall semester to verify your continued attendance at your college.
Current High School:
Any Dutchess County High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Member of a Roman Catholic Church
- Graduating senior from a Dutchess County High School
- Involved in extra-curricular activities or paid employment
- Demonstrate financial need
- One recommendation must be from your parish priest
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
*This scholarship is awarded every other year in odd number years.*
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One recommendation must be from your parish priest. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.