Established by family and friends in memory of David Jagaciewski who passed away on November 29, 2006. David was a teacher of technology education at Poughkeepsie High School for 33 years. This scholarship is established to assist students in receiving a post-secondary education. The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs at an accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Be a graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School
- Have a C+ average or better
- Have an interest pursue a course of study and plan to have a career in the arts, architecture or engineering, interior or fashion design, family or consumer science or landscape architecture
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.