The Community Foundations does not sell, rent, lease or share your personal information with other organizations. We may from time to time list your name publicly as a donor unless you explicitly choose to remain anonymous. If you make a donation to a fund, your name, address and gift amount will be shared with the fund advisor unless you request otherwise.
Information collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
· Contact information: Name, organization, complete address, phone number, email address, and address history.
· Payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information. Credit card numbers, expiration dates and billing information are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained.
· Information concerning how you heard about the Community Foundations
· Information concerning your attendance at our events
· Your history of giving to the Community Foundations (e.g. the date and amount of your gift, and the fund(s) to which you contributed).
· Summaries of substantive conversations with Community Foundations staff.
· Information you choose to share: questions, comments, suggestions
· Signed gift and fund agreements and other related documents. How information is used Donor contact information and detailed gift history are kept on file for IRS purposes.
Details of the largest contributions in any given year must be disclosed on the Community Foundations’ IRS tax form 990, but are not publicly disclosed. The Community Foundations uses your information to understand your charitable interests and provide you with better service. Specifically we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate with you and update you on Community Foundations news.
Approved by the Board of Trustees March 16, 2017.