Any educator in a public school or school district in Dutchess County and Ulster County, New York – kindergarten to grade 12 may apply for a grant.
MAXIMUM GRANT AMOUNT:
The maximum grant award is $2,000 per field trip. There is not a limit of requests that can be made per school. However, schools will be generally be limited to no more than two field trip grants each, as the competitive application process warrants. Funding priority will be given to high needs schools/ districts.
Online grant application. Go to www.communityfoundationshv.org to access grant guidelines information and application. Click here to access the Grants Portal.
*Please note that Teachers must apply for grants directly and user accounts should be tied to the individual school (not the School District). If you are collaborating with a grant writer, related faculty member, etc. on the grant application/ field trip you may wish to share your log-in information with them. All grant applications are connected to the lead teacher in the grants portal. Final reports (if grants are awarded) will be assigned to the Teacher.
Questions may be directed to Cristin McPeake at (845) 452-3077 or email@example.com
Grant recipients will receive an agreement for review and signature prior to disbursement of funds. Grant recipients will be required to submit a short report following the completion of their field trip.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR GRANT FUNDING:
- Field trips must be for trips outside of the school and must be tied to educational curricula.
- Teachers should seek funding from their school or district first. If that source is depleted or not available for a particular field trip, the teacher/school may request money from this fund.
- Field trips should occur during the regular academic year and generally during school hours.
- Summer programs, clubs and after-school programs are not eligible.
- Funds may cover transportation, admissions, or to help defray the costs of students who do not have the ability to pay for their portion in cases where students/families are expected to pay all or a portion of the cost.
- The proposed field trip should be reasonable and appropriate.
- Field trips that serve an entire grade level will be considered.
Applications must be submitted
by the following deadlines in order to receive notification for planning purposes:
Early Bird Deadline: August 15th
For trips or dates or needing a decision prior to October 15th (notifications to go out mid-September)
Fall/Winter Deadline: September 15th
This is for trips with anticipated dates between October 15th – January 30th (notifications to go out in early October)
Winter/Spring Deadline: December 31st
This is for trips with anticipated dates between February 1st – June 30th (notifications to go out in late January)