Established by the Hudson Valley Umpires Association in memory of Andy Vito, Harold Tompkins and Ron Vece this scholarship is available to Dutchess County high school graduates who have played high school baseball.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Minimum of 2
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
All Dutchess County High Schools
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from a Dutchess County high school
- Participate in high school baseball
- One letter of recommendation must be from your baseball coach
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One letter of recommendation must be from your baseball coach. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.