This scholarship was established in 1987 by the Nussbickel family and the Greater Southern Dutchess Chamber of Commerce’s Chamber Foundation in memory of Norman F. Nussbickel. The scholarship also honors Norman’s wife, Rita, who passed away in 2006. The scholarship is awarded to graduating high school seniors at the selected schools who have demonstrated excellent academic and athletic achievement and have a meaningful record of community service.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Arlington High School, Beacon High School, John Jay High School, Roy C. Ketcham High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Arlington, Beacon, John Jay or Roy C. Ketcham High School
- Good academic record
- Current Involvement in community service work and participation in school or community sports
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.