Established by the family of Maynard and Ferne Brownell. One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Beacon High School, John Jay High School or Roy C. Ketcham High School. The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs at accredited colleges or universities for a period not to exceed four (4) years. Candidates should have a strong academic record, strong participation in sports activies and/or community service and demonstrate financial need.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Renewable up to four years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your school transcript to verify your eligibility to continue with the scholarship. Eligibility includes a full academic schedule and a B- or equivalent GPA.
- A copy of your tuition bill for the fall semester to verify your continued attendance at your college.
Current High School:
Beacon High School, John Jay High School, Roy C. Ketcham High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Beacon High School John Jay High School or Roy C. Ketcham High School
- Demonstrates ability to succeed in college
- Participation in school sports activities and/or community service projects
- Demonstrates financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.