Established by the Lant Family to support students in achieving his or her Bachelor’s Degree, this scholarship is available to any Dutchess County high school senior or Dutchess Community College student entering an accredited bachelor’s degree program pursuing a major in business, finance or economics at a SUNY or NYS Community College. The Lant Family has established this scholarship to support students with the motivation, work ethic, and academic skills necessary to succeed at college and in the work force. Financial need is considered along with academic performance, and extra-curricular activities including paid employment. Up to four scholarships will be awarded each year.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Current High School:
All Dutchess County High Schools
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or College Student
Student whose primary residence is in Dutchess County pursuing education at an accredited SUNY or NYS Community College in the field of Business, Finance or Economics.
Essay (not to exceed 500 words) discussing your college aspirations, long-term career goals, how you currently or plan to balance work and college studies and what this scholarship would mean to you.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay (not to exceed 500 words) as described above.
- Your most recent high school or higher education transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular and volunteer activities
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from employers, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.