Established by the Lant Family to support students in achieving their Bachelor’s degree, this scholarship is available to Dutchess County high school seniors or undergraduates at a college in New York State who attended high school in Dutchess County, pursuing a degree in any academic major. Students must attend a college in New York state. The Lant Family has established this scholarship to support students with the motivation, work ethic, and academic skills necessary to succeed at college and in the work force. Financial need must be demonstrated along with academic performance, and extra-curricular activities. Special consideration will be given to candidates who hold employment while going to school.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Current High School:
All Dutchess County High Schools
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or College Student
- Dutchess County high school senior OR undergraduate at a college in New York State who attended high school in Dutchess County
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the state of NY
- Demonstrate financial need
- Academic performance
- Extracurricular activities, especially paid employment
Essay (not to exceed 500 words) discussing how has Covid-19 affected you and your family.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay (not to exceed 500 words) as described above.
- Your most recent high school or college transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular and volunteer activities
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from employers, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.