Established by her family to honor her memory this scholarship celebrates the long and very full life of Helen H. Huntington who resided in New Paltz. This multi-year scholarship is open to graduating seniors of New Paltz High School going on to college who must apply themselves to prosper and who demonstrate financial need. The scholarship award will be $1,000 per year for no more than four consecutive years.
Amount of Award(s):
$1,000 each year for no more than 4 consecutive years
Number of Award:
Type of Award:
Renewable for up to three additional years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your college transcript to show that you have retained a GPA of 2.7 or above in your second year.
- A copy of your fall tuition bill.
Current High School:
New Paltz High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from New Paltz High School
- Applicants must have a minimum B minus or equivalent high school GPA
- Demonstrated financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.