Established by the family of Cosimo DiBrizzi and the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce to honor his memory, this scholarship is available to any resident of the Mid-Hudson Valley who is pursuing a career at the Culinary Institute of America. (Mid-Hudson is defined as Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties.)
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school but can apply each year of eligibility
Current High School:
Any High School in Mid-Hudson Valley (Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, and Ulster).
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or College Student
- Accepted and planning to enroll within the next 6 months or currently enrolled at the CIA
- Residency in the Hudson Valley must be for at least 5 years if currently enrolled at CIA
- Demonstrated interest in the culinary arts
- Financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.