Established by the family of Stephanie Brown and Barbara Murphy to honor their memories. Stephanie was devoted to children and was tragically killed in a car accident. Barbara was a devoted mother to Stephanie, a Board member of the Community Foundations and held many job titles including that of teacher. This scholarship is available to female Dutchess County high school graduating seniors who intend to major or minor in Education with career plans to teach in Elementary, Middle or High School.
Amount of Award(s):
$1,000 - $2,000 scholarships
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time non renewable scholarship payable to school
Current High School:
Any Dutchess County High Schools
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Female graduating student from a Dutchess County high school
- Planning to major in Education with career plans to teach in Elementary, Middle or High School.
- GPA is B or B+ or better
One recommendation must come from your employer or organization where you volunteer, and one from your school (teacher, guidance counselor etc.)
Your essay should indicate why you feel you should be awarded this scholarship.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service and why you should be awarded this scholarship (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One recommendation must come from your employer or organization where you volunteer. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.