Established by the Poughkeepsie High School Class of 1958 this scholarship is available to graduating high school seniors of Poughkeepsie High School. This scholarship is not necessarily intended for those with the greatest scholastic ability but is intended for those who must apply themselves to prosper. The scholarship will be awarded to an individual who will be full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States. It may be used for tuition books and fees.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating from Poughkeepsie High School
- Demonstrated academic potential
- Service to the school and/or community
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.