This scholarship is not necessarily intended for those with the greatest scholastic ability but is intended for those who have demonstrated a strong work ethic an ability to succeed in the chosen course of study and have demonstrated a strong record of community service. The scholarship will be awarded to graduating Poughkeepsie High School seniors who will be at least half-time students at any accredited educational institution in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School
- Demonstrates financial need
- Involvement/Leadership in community service activities
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in their chosen course of study
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.