Established in memory of Patrick G. Nestler to provide a scholarship to a graduating senior pursuing a career in engineering. This is a four-year scholarship which provides a $4,000 scholarship each year. This scholarship is awarded every four years.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
1 offered in 2020
Type of Award:
Renewable for up to three additional years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your school transcript to verify your eligibility to continue with the scholarship. Eligibility includes a full academic schedule, continued majoring in some aspect of engineering and a B- or equivalent GPA.
- A copy of your tuition bill for the fall semester to verify your continued attendance at your college.
Current High School:
Arlington High School, John Jay High School, Our Lady of Lourdes High School, Roy C. Ketcham High School, Spackenkill High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Offered to graduating seniors from Arlington High School, John Jay High School, Our Lady of Lourdes High School, Roy C. Ketcham High School and Spackenkill High School
- Planning to major in engineering
- Be involved in extracurricular activities or paid employment
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.
This scholarship is awarded every four years. The next applications will be accepted in Spring 2020.