Established by the family and friends of Nora Strudwick and the Wappingers Registered Professional Nurses Association to honor her memory this scholarship is available to a senior graduating from one of the Wappingers Central School District high schools who plans to pursue a career in nursing. The recipient will demonstrate the potential for the compassionate nursing practice which best symbolized Mrs. Strudwicks nursing career.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
John Jay High School or Roy C. Ketcham High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from John Jay High School or Roy C. Ketcham High School
- Acceptance to a nationally accredited school of nursing
- Volunteer and community service
- Essay topic: How Nursing Changes Lives
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay topic: How Nursing Changes Lives (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.