The purpose of the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation Scholarship is to assist students who have been affected by breast cancer in some way to achieve their college aspirations. Breast cancer can take a terrible toll on a family by taking a loved one, draining financial resources and creating emotional challenges. This scholarship is awarded to help graduating seniors and eligible college students who have been affected by breast cancer in a meaningful way and who have turned those challenges into positive action. Multiple awards are available.
Amount of Award(s):
Awards range from $2,000- $5,000
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Any High School or Undergraduate in the Hudson Valley
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or Undergraduate
- Reside within one of the nine New York State counties covered by the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation: Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester.
- Must plan to attend an accredited college university or trade school.
- Have been affected by breast cancer in some way.
- Have participated in Breast Cancer related activities.
Essay discussing how breast cancer has affected you (limit to one page or 500 words). A description of any breast cancer related activities, volunteer projects or fundraising you have participated in.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay describing how their lives have been changed by breast cancer (limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and
Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April1.