Established by the family of Mary Abdoo and the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce to honor her memory this scholarship is available to any resident of the Mid-Hudson Valley who is pursuing a career in fashion at Marist College. Mid-Hudson is defined as Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Any High School in the Mid-Hudson Valley
Current Level of Education:
College Student or High School Senior
- Enrolled/Enrolling as a Fashion major at Marist College
- Resident of Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam or Ulster county
- Academic performance
- Financial need considered
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1