The scholarship is available to provide assistance with college expenses to individuals of Native American/American Indian/First Nation/Indigenous descent. Graduating seniors or past graduates of Dutchess County high schools and students enrolled in Dutchess County colleges are eligible to apply. The scholarship shall be applied to tuition costs at an accredited college or university or trade school.
Amount of Award(s):
up to $4,000
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Not renewable, but individuals of Native American/American Indian/First Nation/Indigenous descent may re-apply in subsequent years for each year of their undergraduate degree program.
Current High School:
Any Dutchess County High School
Current Level of Education:
College Student, High School Senior
- A student of Native American/American Indian/First Nation/Indigenous descent
- Currently attending a Dutchess County high school or college
- Essay: How do you connect to your Native heritage? What are your career goals and aspirations? (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Most recent high school or college transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.