Lorien Niniel Kimlin Scholarship
In memory of Lorien Niniel Kimlin who tragically died in an accident in 1998, Lorien’s family and friends have established a scholarship to keep her memory alive. This scholarship has been made possible by the generosity of donations received from Dynegy Inc. and its employees, residents of surrounding counties, friends and family. The scholarship will be awarded to a student attending either Marist College or Dutchess, Orange or Ulster Community College who plans to study the Spanish language abroad in Spain. The applicant must have graduated from a Dutchess, Orange or Ulster county high school.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school or language program
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Current Level of Education:
- Available to students at either Dutchess, Orange or Ulster Community College or Marist College who graduated from a Dutchess, Orange or Ulster county high school
- Plan to study the Spanish language abroad in Spain
- Must have at least a 3.5 grade point average and have completed at least two (2) semesters of Spanish language studies at the college level or three (3) years of Spanish language study at the high school level
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals and interest in the Spanish language (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent college transcript (or high school transcript if needed to meet eligibility requirements).
- Two current letters of recommendation; one from your Spanish professor and one from another professor showing one’s dedication to hard work and excellence in pursuit of personal/academic/business objectives. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.