Leslie C. and Irene G. Roe Athletic Scholarship
The Leslie C. and Irene G. Roe Athletic Scholarship award was created to provide a multi-year award for Dutchess County students who have demonstrated outstanding athletic skills, and will attend a New York State Community College or public College/University (CUNY, SUNY).
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Renewable for up to three additional years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your college transcript to show that you have retained a GPA of C+ or above at a NYS community college or state college/university
- A copy of your fall tuition bill.
Current High School:
Any High School in Dutchess County
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Senior at Dutchess County high school planning to attend a New York State Community College or public college/university (CUNY,SUNY)
- Demonstrated outstanding athletic skills
- One letter of recommendation must be from a coach.
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. One letter must be from a coach. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.