In 2011, The Katie Filiberti Memorial Fund was established in memory of Katie Filiberti. Katie was a 2010 graduate of Franklin D. Roosevelt High School and a member of the FDR gymnastics team. Through the generosity of the community and the Filiberti family, a scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from Franklin D. Roosevelt High School who has participated in athletics; is a decent/average student; demonstrates support/empathy for their peers; has involvement in community service activities or employment; and has financial need who will be full time student at any accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time nonrenewable scholarship payable to school
Current High School:
Franklin D. Roosevelt High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Franklin D. Roosevelt High School
- Demonstrated athletic skills
- Involvement in community service activities or employment
- Financial need
A recommendations from a coach is required.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. A recommendations from a coach is required. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.