Established by Brian Drabkin in memory of his wife Judith in recognition of her success in college due to the scholarship support she received without the benefit of having parents to support her or giving her a place to live. The scholarship is available for graduating high school seniors or current undergraduates in Ulster County who have had to overcome obstacles in order to pursue higher education and can demonstrate financial need.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Not renewable but recipients may reapply in subsequent years
Current High School:
Ulster County High Schools
Current Level of Education:
Graduating high school senior or current undergraduate in Ulster County
- Graduating high school senior or current undergraduate in Ulster County
- Overcome personal obstacles (preference for those lacking a support system)
- Financial need
- Academic achievement
- Essay topic (up to 500 words) Describe how you overcame or are coping with obstacles in your life (ex: personal, emotional, family, financial, educational, economic, physical, developmental, etc.) and your future aspirations.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay describing a personal financial or educational difficulty and what the student did to turn their life around (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.