Juan Lafuente Leadership Scholarship
Established by the family of Juan Lafuente and the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce, this scholarship memorializes Juan who lost his life during the attacks on September 11. This scholarship is available to any resident of Dutchess County. Awards are based on student’s demonstration of: academic achievement-especially in the areas of math and science; leadership contributions to school and community; and character. Students must attend an accredited NY State college, university or trade school.
Amount of Award(s):
Award range from $1,000 - $2,000
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Any Dutchess County High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or College Student
- Resident of Dutchess County
- Academic performance (especially in math and science)
- Community involvement
- Financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school and/or college transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular and volunteer activities
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.