Established by the Guarneri family in memory of Joseph Guarneri, Sr., the scholarship is for graduating seniors of Beacon High School who intend to be full-time students at an accredited college in the United States. The scholarship is intended for students who have overcome or are overcoming personal, financial, family or emotional difficulties and are applying themselves to their studies with a goal of improving their lives through education.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Beacon High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Beacon High School
- Having overcome personal financial or educational obstacles
- Essay topic (up to 500 words) Describe how you overcame or are coping with obstacles in your life (ex: personal, emotional, family, financial, educational, economic, physical, developmental, etc.) and your future aspirations.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay describing a personal financial or educational difficulty and what the student did to turn their life around (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.