Established by John Csizmar, scholarships will be awarded to a male and a female graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School who have achieved a strong academic record, and have participated in high school sports or and/or community service projects.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School
- Demonstrates ability to succeed in college
- Participation in school sports activities and/or community service projects
- Demonstrates financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.