In recognition of his 50 years as an educator and his 70th birthday, former students family friends and neighbors of John F. DeGilio established a fund to provide scholarships to college-bound graduating seniors of Poughkeepsie High School who plan to pursue a career in science. The scholarship has been expanded to honor the memory of John’s wife, Barbara. The scholarship will be awarded to individuals who will be full time students at any accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Poughkeepsie High School
- Demonstrate an avid interest/ability in science
- Plan to pursue a career in the field of science
- Financial need considered
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.