The Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley announces the availability of the Honorable Anthony L. Pagones Memorial Scholarship.
Having grown up in Beacon, Judge Pagones dedicated his life to serving the people and places of the area. He was elected as the Beacon City Court Judge and maintained that position until 1997. In addition to serving as the Attorney for the City of Beacon School District, and for the City of Beacon, he acted as legal counsel for many other charitable and volunteer organizations.
Through the generosity of friends and the community, a yearly scholarship will be awarded to a Dutchess County graduating senior with a preference for a Beacon resident, who has the intention to study law, political science/government or criminal justice.
Students will be evaluated on their academic performance, community involvement, an essay detailing their career plans, letters of recommendation and financial need.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Dutchess County High School preferably a Beacon resident
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating senior from Dutchess County school with a preference for a Beacon resident
- Planning to major in law, political science/government or criminal justice
- Have community involvement and financial need
With your completed Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor. Letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.