Established by the Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Paul Effman Music to encourage the pursuit of music and arts in education, this scholarship is available to any graduating high school senior who is a resident of Dutchess County and is majoring in music performance, music/art education or visual arts (ceramics, drawing, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, filmmaking and architecture) at an accredited college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One-time scholarship payable to school
Conditions For Continuation:
Current High School:
Any Dutchess County High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Graduating high school senior
- Resident of Dutchess County
- Pursuing a college degree in music performance, music/art education or visual arts (ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, design, crafts, photography, video, filmmaking and architecture) at an accredited college or university in the United States.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
-Resume and/or list of extracuricular and volunteer activities;
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.