Established in 2021, the Ed Joba Scholarship will be awarded to graduating high school seniors of Poughkeepsie High School who plan to study in a field of engineering or science and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship will be awarded to individuals who will be students at any accredited vocational school, college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
One time, non renewable
Current High School:
Poughkeepsie High School
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior
- Be a graduating High School senior
- Attend Poughkeepsie High School
- Plan to study in the fields of engineering or science
- Demonstrate financial need
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by April 1.