Established by the Rodrigues family, in memory of Acacio "Roger" Rodrigues, scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors or currrent undergraduate who reside in Dutchess, Putnam or Westchester County, New York or Fairfield County, Connecticut and who plan to study in a field which will lead to a career in the building/construction industry. These fields include but are not limited to engineering, construction management, electrical construction technology, plumbing and heating, welding and fabrication, etc. The scholarships will be awarded to individuals who are or will be full time students at any accredited vocational school, college or university in the United States.
Amount of Award(s):
Number of Awards:
Type of Award:
Renewable for up to three additional years and payable to the school
Conditions For Continuation:
In order to continue receiving this scholarship in subsequent years you must provide the Foundation with:
- A copy of your school transcript to verify your eligibility to continue with the scholarship. The scholarship is renewable, for up to 3 years, based on the student having achieved a GPA of at least B- in the appropriate major leading to a career in the building/construction industry.
- A copy of your tuition bill for the fall semester to verify your continued attendance at your college.
Current High School:
Any High School in Dutchess, Putnam or Westchester County, New York or Fairfield County, Connecticut
Current Level of Education:
High School Senior or College Student
- Be a graduating High School senior or a currently enrolled student in an accredited vocational school, college or university.
- Reside in Dutchess, Putnam or Westchester County, NY or Fairfield County, CT.
- Plan to study in a field which will lead to a career in the building/construction industry.
With your completed Online Application you will also need to attach the following:
- Essay discussing your career goals, personal values, and community service (typed, limit to one page or 500 words).
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Resume and/or list of extracurricular activities.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) and Expected Family Contribution (EFC) information, which you will receive when you complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Two current letters of recommendation from teachers/guidance counselor, clergy or persons other than family members who are familiar with your skills and abilities. These letters must have been written within the last six months.
Applications must be submitted online with all attachments by May 1.