Create Your Donor Advised Fund with These Easy Steps*
I’d like to open a DAF today with a gift of $5,000 or more
1. Open your Donor Advised Fund with a gift and receive an immediate charitable gift deduction. Make tax time easier - with just one tax receipt for your gift of cash, appreciated stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate.
2. Complete a simple fund agreement with the Community Foundations. You will have online access to your fund, allowing you to add to your fund and review your fund's history and investment performance. We will send you quarterly statements that summarize your fund's activity. Review a sample fund agreement here.
3. Invest your fund to grow your donation tax-free. Your fund is invested and can grow tax free as part of our general endowment fund or socially responsible endowment fund. For funds over $500,000 you can recommend your preferred investment manager. Low annual administrative and investment fees are typically 1.38-1.68% of the fund value.
4. Enjoy the fruits of your philanthropy and let us handle the details. We will issue grants or scholarships in the name of your fund. If you prefer, your giving can be anonymous.
* This information is for donor advised funds only. For information about starting scholarship funds, designated funds, field of interest funds or agency funds, please contact us at 845-452-3077.