The Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation is a not for profit organization established in 2004. The Fund provides programs and support services for women and families in the Hudson Valley, New York, affected by breast cancer. All funds raised for the Foundation are used in the Hudson Valley.
The Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation is currently offering grants for projects in the areas
of breast health and breast cancer education, outreach, screening, treatment and support projects in
the counties of Columbia, Dutchess, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Westchester and Ulster.
Projects Will Be Funded in The Following Areas:
- Breast cancer education
- Educational outreach to special populations
- Support programs (including complementary medicine programs)
- Financial aid for social support and ancillary services
- Project must be specific to breast health and/or breast cancer.
- Applicants must be a US nonprofit (federally tax-exempt) organization. Nonprofit organizations, known educational institutions (i.e. college or university), government agencies, and Indian tribes are eligible.
- Services must be provided in the eight counties served by the Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Equipment costs, if applicable, may not exceed 30% of direct costs and should be used exclusively on this project.
- Salaries, if requested, are for personnel related to this project only and not the general work of the employee.
- Funds will not be awarded to capital campaigns.
- Funding will not be awarded to support programs that have received 3 previous grants for the same program.
Online application is available through www.milesofhope.org or click here
to access the Community Foundations Grants Portal.
Grant application deadlines: January 31st and June 30th
Contact information for submission and inquiries:
Pari Forood, Executive Director, Miles of Hope Breast Cancer Foundation